Half Day Afternoon Tour Highlights
Price: €250 per group (up to 4 people)
We can arrange tours for 1 person and +4 people. Please contact us.
4 hours exploring the heart of Italy’s Prosecco region
Visit 2 wineries
An introduction to the Prosecco making process
A walk through the vineyards (time permitting)*
English speaking guides
Meet your guide in the Prosecco region
Venice transfer available on request
Things to know
Wine tastings and lunch are not included in our tours
Food and wine pairing – some vineyards offer food and wine pairing. Please tell your driver in advance if you want to include this (so they can arrange it with the vineyards)
*Vineyard walk: if there is time, we do our best to make this happen but it cannot be guaranteed (due to availability/parking and seasonal restrictions)
Pay a 20% deposit when you book. Pay your driver the remaining balance in cash (euros) on the day
Wine tastings are excluded to give you a full choice on the day of how many wines to taste (typically 3-7 glasses per winery), and whether to include food pairings.
Estimate your wine tasting costs: Tastings typically range between €7 to €15 for 3-7 tastings (€15 to €25 with food pairings).
Which wineries? We visit small, family-run wineries that produce Prosecco DOCG superior (the best Prosecco) where you will get a private tasting hosted by an English speaking guide from the winery. If this is not possible (last minute bookings over peak season), we will take you to good quality wineries that have as few groups as possible.
Personalise it: Got a winery in mind? Let your driver know and they will try to add it to your itinerary.
Walk in the vineyards – we always try to include this but it may not be possible due to timing, also availability of the vineyards in peak season/during harvest. Tip: bring flat shoes. Sandals are fine.
Time for lunch is not included in this tour. Please enjoy lunch before you arrive (a train picnic, perhaps. Otherwise, ask your driver – they may be able to recommend a place to eat near your meeting point). Cheese and meat wine-food pairings are available at some wineries if you arrange this in advance with your driver.
We recommend meeting your driver in the Prosecco region
We have 3 departure and return options:
- Local hotel pickup (within the Conegliano-Valdobbiadene area)
- Pick-up from a local train station within the Prosecco region (1hr from Venice)
- Pick-up and drop off from Venice – extra charges apply.
Arriving by train: The journey takes around 1 hour and costs around €12 per person (return) from Venice Santa Lucia train station or Treviso Central. After you book, your driver will email you with details of which train to catch (typically to Susegana, Cornuda or Conegliano stations). Your driver will meet you at the station and take you back in time for your return train time after your tour. Train ticket not included in your tour price. You can find out more about the train here.
Local hotel pick-up: your driver will email you after you book to confirm your pick-up time.
Venice transfer: Transfer from Venice is available on request for an additional charge. Please contact us for full pricing details.
- We charge per group up to 4 people. There are no minimum numbers for this tour to run.
- We can take large group bookings of +4 people. Please contact us to arrange.
- With the exception of extreme weather, we run this tour even if it rains.
- Flat footwear is recommended for walking in the vineyards and wine production areas.
- We allow children on the tour with no minimum age (contact us before you book to ensure we have the correct vehicle/seat options).
- No alcohol will be served to customers under 18 years of age.
- Prosecco tours are run in Italy (a relaxed country with high tourism levels) and in working vineyards. Therefore some sightseeing is subject to availability on the day e.g. Prosecco vending machine, a walk in the vineyards.
You only need to pay a 20% deposit to secure your booking
Cancellation 48 hours before: 100% of balance.
Cancellation 1 week before: 50% of balance.
Deposit is not refundable.
Prosecco Tour Vouchers
If you’re not yet sure when you will travel, you can buy one of our Prosecco tour vouchers which are valid for 2 years from the date of purchase.
Please check out our FAQs
We can happily arrange tours for multiple days and tours for large groups.
We can also help you create a bespoke tour.